Level 2 Award in Fire Safety
The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF) is an Ofqual regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The fire triangle
- Hazards during and after a fire
- Fire and smoke spread
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Means of escape
- Principles of extinguishing fires
- Fire-fighting equipment and systems
- Fire safety laws
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Undertaking a fire safety inspection
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Contents of a fire safety briefing
- Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
The course will conclude with candidates undertaking a multi-choice examination, the successful completion of which will result in the awarding of a Level 2 Certificate in Fire Safety (QCF) which is an Ofqual Regulated Qualification accredited by Qualsafe Awards.
Group prices are available on request.